Grace and Peace to you from God our Father and His Son Jesus Christ.
Therefore, since God in His mercy has given us this ministry, we do not lose heart. ( 2 Cor 4:1)
My dear brothers and sisters, as we respond to the call of Christ upon our lives to be ambassadors for reconciliation, I make an appeal to the members of this parish to recommit ourselves to ministry. Building a ministry team to develop the life of our community in 2021 is essential to our life together. At present we are limited to online ministry and we need to “equip the saints” to develop this ministry effectively.
Next month we will have Vestry – even if it is conducted online. We need church Council Members and Wardens to be voted in and I need you to start submitting nominations so that we can prepare those individuals for the work before they take on the responsibilities:
We need the following Portfolio’s filled:
• 3 Church Wardens
• Social Responsibility: reaching out to the needy in our community. (Soup Kitchen/ food packs);
• Youth: – develop a Youth Ministry in the Parish;
• Evangelism/Outreach: – Church Growth (Alpha/ Mission Shaped Ministry);
• Education: Sunday School, involvement with Schools and Creches;
• Pastoral Care: Meeting the needs of a house bound community;
• Women’s Ministry;
• Men’s Ministry;
• Environmental: Fulfilling our Canonical obligations to “Earth Care;”
• Property and Maintenance: Caring for our properties;
• Lay Ministry – oversight and development of the Lay Preachers and Service leaders including Servers and Readers.
• Communications: Work on the team to maintain our WEBSITE and Social Media Platform.
These portfolio holders will develop the ministry with the Rector and ensure that the work of the Church is conducted and that the people are engaged in the life of the Parish and that ministry is vested in the membership of the Parish.
I would like you to volunteer or send in nominations for these portfolios by the 31st of January 2021.
email to email@example.com or whatsapp 031 9162777
May God bless our parish and strengthen us as we serve Him.
Feast of the Confession of St Peter.